HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Thursday 16 February 2012

Another Enfield Street Class Photo

Photobucket

Another Enfield Street picture......sent in by David Barlow who was born in 1956 so this pic should be from the first half of the sixties. 

Teacher is Mrs Winterbottom

Front row: left to right....1-Kenneth Rogers 2-Stephen Robinson 3-Paul ...? 4-Graham Richards 5-Me(David Barlow) 6-Peter Ward? 7-John Marsden 8-Maurice Pepper 9-Jeff Jones

Second row: left to right....1-Norma Graham 2-Jacquline Hanson 3-Sharon Walker 4--?-- 5-Jacquline Singleton 6-Gail Clough 7-Carol Horton 8--?-- 9-Lorraine Bradley 10-Debra Wood

Third row: left to right....1-Alan Chorlton 2-Martin Lloyd 3-Martin Lomax 4-Brent Shaw 5-Ian Johnson 6-David Smith 7-Alan Helliwell 8-John Bannister?? 9-Gordon Smith 10-Ian Gratten?

Back row: left to right....1--?-- 2--?-- 3-Linda Parker? 4-Susan Butterworth 5-Elaine Newton 6-Janet....? 7--?-- 8-Anne Billinge?? 9 Elaine Simpson?

Thank you David for sending this in... I would most likely have been at Enfield Street myself at this time... I know I walked to school at times with Elaine Newton, and Gail Clough.. I certainly recall Anne Billinge... I was in school with her younger brother.. also a David. Kenny Rogers I know very well... and another one I recall is Maurice Pepper.. I was around at his house many a time calling for his younger brother Duncan... I remember how sad I was when they moved to Australia.. Maurice contacted me a few mouths after coming across the site. The other lad I know there is Gordon Smith... again him and his younger brother Ronny were good friends back then.. Nice seeing their names popping up... 

11 comments:

Tom said...

I've recalled you now David... if I'm correct you lived on Apethorn Lane...

Werneth Low said...

Please Tom, it must be Holy Trinity's turn next.....

Tom said...

Hi Werneth Low.... it's not far off now... and it better be good for my sake....
I've this vision of walking round Hyde .. quietly minding my own business when whooose a savage handbag attack.. the last thing I will hear before passing out will by Holy Trinity.. ignore it at your peril Wigley.. :O)

Werneth Low said...

You're quite safe Tom; handbags are not my weapon of choice and I wouldn't know you if I saw you. I'm just looking forward to seeing something of HT. Do you need more stuff - photos etc?

Tom said...

Hi Werneth Low..
Lets go for a big post on H.T. then... send some more pictures.. I'll get hold of a copy of the School Days Book.. see if there's any dates we can include ... make a joint effort of it...
By the way I do appreciate your patients on this.. :O)

Lizzy said...

Must mention this to Dad, Kenny Rodgers is going round to do a job at theirs this week.

Tom said...

Hi Lizzy...
I hope your dad is flush... he never come cheep dose Kenny.... ;O)

Lizzy said...

It's a kitchen job, not a toilet - flush? :)

Lizzy said...

It's a kitchen job, not a toilet - flush? :)

Dave Barlow said...

Thought this pic would have got more comments did'nt you Tom? A lot of these people and their familys must still be knocking around Hyde. Maybe it would be better off in your Schools section which might be first port of call for some, what you think?

Unknown said...

Just spotted this photo; I have a copy of it somewhere in the attic, The faces and names are so memorable it seems like the last fifty years never happened. Mrs Winterbottom was a wonderful class teacher, one of the strong, intelligent women who comprised the entire teaching staff.
A couple of corrections to the names: John Bannister should be Bann, Susan Butterworth should be Buttery and my name is Shore not Shaw.
Brent Shore