HYDE CHESHIRE

Harry Rutherford's
Festival of Britain Mural




Monday 23 August 2010

Hyde Chapel, Choir Sermons, 1939

Photobucket

Hopefully this will be of interest to some... Hyde Chapel holds many memories to some that look in on here I know... I grew up looking at it most days while to and from Enfield Street school and then later in life sat across from it on the Grapes Bench.

Photobucket

This is also the first thing I have come across that was printed by Cartwright & Rattray Ltd, Caxton Press Hyde... The building as only recently been pulled down... it was a cracking building with some stunning features to it. I must do a post about this company and the building..... as always if you have pictures or info we could show here .... please get in touch. Gerald England from Hyde Daily Photo has a series of posts showing
Caxton Mill being demolished... well worth looking at.

2 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

There is a list of links to my various posts on the Caxton Works at this post

Tom said...

Cheers Gerald..... if I can find any more pictures of the place.... expect an email ;o)